History of Community Support
100% Going to Community and World Needs
Rotary Etobicoke members volunteer their year planning and implementing the Toronto Ribfest so that we can raise money for important community organizations and international aid programs.
100% of the money raised is given away!
In the past 13 years through funds raised at Toronto Ribfest, Rotary Etobicoke has donated over $3 million to humanitarian organizations, including:
- Anduhyaun Inc.
- Angel Foundation for Learning
- Arts Etobicoke
- Broad Reach Foundation for Youth Leaders
- Camp Enterprise (Youth Program)
- Conseil scolaire Viamonde, Ecole elementaire Felix-Leclerc
- David Hornell Junior School Parent Council
- Dorothy Ley Hospice
- Elspeth Heyworth Centre for Women
- Equally Healthy Kids Breakfast Program
- Etobicoke General Hospital
- Etobicoke Services for Seniors
- Eva`s Initiatives
- Expect Theatre/Spark Collective
- F.E.A.T. for Children of Incarcerated Parents
- Famous People Players
- FoodShare Toronto
- Habitat For Humanity
- Humber River Regional Hospital
- Invictus Rugby Football Club
- Jean Tweed Centre
- Lakeshore Arts
- Lakeshore Community Policing Station
- Lakeshore Out of the Cold
- Light Patrol
- Milkweed Collective
- North York Harvest Food Bank
- P.A.C.T. (Youth Crime Reduction Program)
- Rathburn Area Youth
- Rexdale Community Health Centre
- Rotary Peace Park
- Rotary Youth Scholarships
- Salvation Army
- Second Harvest
- Snoezelen Room at Seneca School
- Social Planning Toronto
- Society of St Vincent de Paul - St. Theresa`s Church
- St. James Food Basket
- St. Joe`s Hospital
- St. Matthew`s Anglican Church, Islington
- Stonegate Community Health Centre
- Stonegate Ministry
- The Training Renewal Foundation
- The Troup Program (Toronto Outreach Program for Youth)
- Toronto Fire Dept. Defibrillator
- Toronto Foundation for Student Success
- Toronto Rehab Foundation
- Trillium Hospital
- W.A.V.E. - Empowering Youth
- Welcome Baby
- West Park Healthcare
- Windfall Basics
- Women`s Habitat
- Youth Without Shelter
- numerous student scholarships
- and many more!
We are THIS CLOSE.
Canadian Rotarians have been at the forefront of Rotary`s global effort to eradicate polio from the planet. India is polio-free! Now the final push is on. The Canadian government has stepped up. The Bill and Melinda Gates foundation has made this one of their primary goals. WHO, UNICEF and government leaders are fully supportive. And Rotary is leading the way - through advocacy, awareness, fundraising, and thousands upon thousands of volunteer hours.
No one is getting paid. Everyone is getting wealthier. The experience, friendships, and smiles of children make the work of Rotary life-changing for all.
Some of the money from Toronto Ribfest goes to international needs. It's a BIG world and Rotary and its partners are making a difference through its volunteers almost everywhere!
Our club along with many other Rotarians support thousands of projects in hundreds of places - bringing clean water and sanitation, health, economic, food and education relief to those in need; either directly or by supporting those leading organizations who do. A few examples that we support include:
- World Vision
- WASRAG - Water and Sanitation Rotary Action Group
- Plus our own Rotary partnership-driven projects bringing food security to Sri Lanka; and children's education to Liberia.
For more information, see Rotary International.