About Toronto Ribfest
An 18-year family tradition in Etobicoke…and we’re not slowing down!
Since 1999, Toronto Ribfest has been delivering family entertainment to Toronto with the most exciting Canada Day weekend party around! Between the live entertainment, exciting midway and Kids Zone, and of course, the mouth-watering food, everyone has fun and no one leaves hungry.
But Toronto Ribfest is about more than just the food, fun, and music. We’re proud of the fact that 100% of the proceeds from Toronto Ribfest goes back into our community and to select programs that make our world a better place. Through the hard work of Rotary Etobicoke, our community sponsors and partners, and hundreds of volunteers, we’ve raised close to $4 million since we started 18 years ago – and every penny goes to support our causes.
We look forward to seeing you on Canada Day 2018 weekend – and are thankful for your continued support.
Go ‘Green’ With Us – We’re Making This Year’s Ribfest ‘Zero Waste’
Along with making great food and great Canada Day memories, we’re making a commitment to you…and Mother Nature. This year, we plan to minimize our impact on the environment by making choices that avoid making garbage.
Here are a few things we are doing:
- Place recycling stations around the Ribfest site where you can take all your waste.
- At the recycling stations, we’ll have bins where you can sort your waste into containers recyclables, organics and…ok, a bin for a small amount of leftover waste. Heads up! There will be no individual garbage cans throughout the park, so look for the recycling stations.
- Ask vendors to use only recyclable or compostable food service and packaging.
- Eliminate non-recyclable/non-compostable waste such as plastic straws.
Last year we recycled or composted 76% of the waste materials so only 24% was actually sent to landfill. This year, we’re trying to do even better and we need your help.
A ‘Zero Waste’ plan helps us all have a greater Canada Day experience…less litter means a cleaner environment, and less food waste sent to landfill reduces greenhouse gas emissions and lowers our carbon footprint.
Going ‘Green’ doesn’t mean we’re cutting back on the fun! We promise it’ll be a great day with great food and entertainment, and it’ll be environmentally friendly at the same time. Go ‘Green’ with us!
Our zero waste program is sponsored by Toronto Pearson and powered by Cleanfarms, Walker Environmental and RPM.
Fundraising for The Community
Toronto Ribfest is proud that 100% of our proceeds go back into our own community and to selected international programs that help:
- Supporting women and youth shelters and the “at-risk”
- Enriching healthcare and community living
- Relief for the homeless and new Canadians
- Sports equipment and supplies to Indigenous communities
- Global eradication of polio
- And so much more.